Requirements to run MembersGear
- FTP client: You may use any free FTP client such as Core FTP which you can download it from http://www.coreftp.com. We also recommend the free FTP client FileZilla which can we downloaded at http://filezilla-project.org.
- A PayGear.com account so we can link our powerful affiliate management software to the membership software. Free products do not need to use PayGear, but an account is still required for setup.
- PHP 5.2.X: PHP is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML.Membersite require atleast PHP 5.2.X version or higher.You can download it from http://www.php.net.
- MySQL 5.1.30.X: MySQL is a freely available open source Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) that uses Structured Query Language (SQL). Membersite require atleast MySQL 5.1.30.X version or higher.You can download it from http://www.mysql.com.
- Apache WebServer 2.0 or higher: Apache is generally recognized as the world’s most popular Web server (HTTP server). You can download it from http://httpd.apache.org
- mod_dir(Apache WebServer Module): This module must be activated for the memberGear to function properly. You can do so by updating apache server’s configuration file http.conf found in conf directory of webserver. You will have to uncomment "LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so" to activate this module.
- mod_rewrite(Apache WebServer Module): This module uses a rule-based rewriting engine (based on a regular-expression parser) to rewrite requested URLs on the fly. It supports an unlimited number of rules and an unlimited number of attached rule conditions for each rule to provide a really flexible and powerful URL manipulation mechanism. This module must be activated for the membersite to function properly. You can do so by updating apache server’s configuration file http.conf found in conf directory of webserver. You will have to uncomment "LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so" to activate this module.
- mod_auth_basic(Apache WebServer Module): This module allows the use of HTTP Basic Authentication to restrict access by looking up users in the given providers. HTTP Digest Authentication is provided by mod_auth_digest. This module should usually be combined with at least one authentication module such as mod_authn_file and one authorization module such as mod_authz_user.
- magic_quotes_gpc = Off (php.ini setting): Magic Quotes, generally speaking, is the process of escaping special characters with a ‘\’ to allow a string to be entered into a database. This is considered ‘magic’ because PHP can do this automatically for you if you have magic_quotes_gpc turned on.For membersite magic_quotes_gpc must be turned off.
You may also turn off magic_quotes_gpc by uncommenting the #php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off into .htaccess file located into the root of website. If you don’t have permission to turn off magic quotes, a web server will throw internal server error. If this is the case, you may comment back the above line and manually turn off the "magic_quotes_gpc" by setting it to "Off" into php.ini file.
- MySQL (php.ini extension): The MySQL® database has become the world’s most popular open source database because of its consistent fast performance, high reliability and ease of use. MembersGearrequires MySQL database.
- The ability to send emails from your servers SMTP or SendMail function. MembersGear does not support SSL mailing. If neither options works for you there are several free SMTP partners that will work. We recommend ServerSMTP.com.
- It is highly recommended to not use our software with GoDaddy hosting. There is no consistently, they always have different issues, and their support is very unhelpful. Sometimes members get a good server that works, but most are not so lucky. The MembersGear team here will not work on GoDaddy servers. Just make sure you understand that you may have to changing hosting if you are currently using GoDaddy to get our software to work before you purchase.